0.7 Tesla Open MRI
The G.E. OpenSpeed 0.7T High-Field Open MRI uses the architecture of the traditional open MRI scanner in which both sides are open. Most open MRI scanners operate at a lower magnetic field strength and receive a lower signal from the body, but high-field MRI scanners rely on the tubular form construction to produce strong magnetic fields. By using superconducting technology, the magnetic field strength of the G.E. OpenSpeed High-Field Open MRI has been increased to 0.7 Tesla. This is two to three times stronger than the traditional open MRI systems operating today. With the combination of high-performance surface coils and powerful computer processing power, the performance of this scanner is equivalent to that of a 1.0T high-field MRI system. As opposed to the traditional open MRI systems, the images on the G.E. OpenSpeed 0.7 High-Field MRI have a higher quality and are done in a shorter time—often up to 3 times faster than most other Open MRI systems.
The G.E. OpenSpeed 0.7T High Field Open MRI is now featured exclusively at our Merritt Island facility.
- If you are having an exam with contrast, you will be asked to fast for up to 2 hours prior to your exam. Our scheduling staff will inform you of your prep if one is needed; otherwise, you may follow your daily routine and take any prescribed medications.
- Wear comfortable clothing such as sweat pants, sweat shirts, sports bra, etc., making sure the clothing contains no metal such as buttons, zippers, snaps or clasps.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your appointment time. Your scan may take anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, depending on the scan, but allow extra time for check-in.
- Hearing aids and any other electronic or metal devices will need to be removed before entering the MRI scan room. These devices can be damaged by the magnetic field.
- Lockers are provided for wallets, keys, watches, and other personal items.
- Please bring your exam prescription (if your doctor prescribed one) along with your insurance card and a photo ID.
- Be sure to bring any related or prior scans and films that were NOT performed at NSI.
- Please bring a method of payment for your co-pay or deductible, if applicable.